Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

DIY Laundry Area for UNDER $100!

7/13/2015 DIY Laundry Area for UNDER $100!

Since we moved in late 2013, my wife has wanted me to update the laundry area. When we moved in, there was an UGLY maroon shelf coming out the entire distance of the laundry area. It made the area so dark and the fact that there was no light or electricity in it didn't help. I helped a bit with the limited time I had last year by removing the bulky shelf and adding a wired shelf. I decided to tackle this area head on now and get the pinterest-inspired laundry spot she desired. I forgot to take a true BEFORE picture, but here is the laundry closet after I removed the wire shelf this weekend...

As you can see, nothing special. This is in our upstairs hallway right as you walk up the stairs, so if the doors are ever left open it's more of a sight for sore eyes than anything else. So I'm almost done and it will be fully completed by the weekend. The 9-5 and going to the gym takes up a lot of my weekday time...so check back and I will show you how I transformed this area from what you see above to more of a focal point for under $100!!! And best of all, it doesn't include hoping to find some random piece on Craigslist. This is something you could complete right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment